- software engineer
- Digital technology
- GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
- Responsible for programming a component, feature and or feature set and/or maintaining existing ones .
- Works independently but closely with an internal team of highly skilled technical resources
- Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & visionQualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in C++/VC++, SQL Server/T.SQLTechnical Expertise
- Strong fundamentals of software design, architecture and coding principles; especially as they relate to distributed scalable and fault tolerant applications
- Hands on experience on C++/VC++. Memory Management, Multi Threading, Synchronization, Socket programming, Inter-Process communication etc.
- Hands on experience on T/SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Indexing, Performance Tuning & Optimizations, SQL Server Jobs, Running SQL Profile etc.
- Experience in MFC/COM/ATL/WTL, C#/.net Java is an added advantageEligibility Requirements:
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel less than 10%
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Hyderabad, India#DTR
- Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
- Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective Leadership
- Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
- Influences through others; builds direct and “behind the scenes” support for ideas
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill Personal Attributes
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.