IT Operations Head
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- It includes responsibility for BAU of all location IT operations across the country & Geo locations involving Desktop, Laptop, Servers, Emails, Network, Storage, Cloud etc., There are India Location Heads in for various regions (about 5-6 of them) & Geo IT Heads (3 of them) who would report in to this person.
- Responsible for GNOC (global network operations center) which monitors network, servers, email, firewalls, ODC setup etc., from Bangalore. The GNOC Head for Network & Security and the lead for the for Server, Storage, Cloud, and Help desk will report in to this leader.
- Apart from handling the core team leaders & team, the leader also works closely with vendor organizations to whom part of IT operations has been outsourced. He/She is expected to monitor team’s performance closely and work towards continuous improvement both in performance & perception of services with Wipro user community
- The person will lead the entire BAU independently & ensure high Availability & Performance of IT infra across the globe
- The leader will manage the SLA for all the operational areas, improve productivity and efficiency by adoption of tools and automation.
- The leader should have 15-18 years of solid IT Operations experience in leading complex & end-to-end IT infrastructure
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good Technical understanding of IT infrastructure components like Server, Network, Storage, Email to be able to lead the team effectively
- Should have very good process orientation around ITIL & other quality methodologies like Lean, Six Sigma etc.
- Should have handled large teams cutting across the different locations & geo
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES, EQUAL DIGNITY WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION
At wipro, applicants will be given equal opportunities irrespective of any aspects to show their talent. which adds an opportunity to develop themselves in career.